Rules for the Road
Warning: If you are a student or a minor, please leave this blog now.
This blog is an information source and a forum for mature discussion.
At times it will present material with a somewhat direct slant which could be misinterpreted as aggressive or offensive; nothing could be farther from the truth of the matter. The style might be chosen to stimulate emotions you didn’t know you had and to bring them out so that you can cope, question, and resolve. Always keep in mind that much of what you feel is internal, not external.
This is not the place for immature or overly sensitive or impressionable readers. It is a place for people willing to see things differently, to thing about them, and to reconsider their positions on matters that seriously affect their lives, their community and their futures.
Reality is key on this blog and if you’re uncomfortable staring reality in the face and acknowledging it, this is no place to hang out; you could get hurt.
Age is no indicator of maturity. You may be 18 or older, much older and be an intellectual or emotional fetus. Your position in the community or your job is also no reliable indicator; doctors, lawyers, teachers are frequently more biased, prejudiced, self-centered and self-serving than most others. No one has the monopoly on ethics or morality, either. Teachers, priests, ministers, parents are not above immorality, unethical conduct, or downright nastiness.
- The rule is intelligent exchange, civility, respect. Deviations from this rule will not be tolerated.
- We ask you to leave comments. You can find the comment link at the bottom of each post, just after the list of keywords. Try to keep your comments short and on-topic. All comments are moderated and, if necessary, edited; this takes time so short, on-topic comments are appreciated.
- You can also Like a particular post. The like buttons and share buttons are at the bottom of the post. Just click one to Like the post.
- You can get e-mail notifications whenever a new post appears. Just click the Follow button at the top of the screen.
- All that having been said, there will be questions. Just send a comment or an e-mail. If your comment is confidential you must tell us and we won’t post the information or identify you.
- In principle, we discourage visits by minors, since the issues we discuss here are very unlikely to interest them and we consider it “Adult Content.” If you are under 18 mentally or chronologically and you feel you need to comment, please have a competent responsible, preferably informed adult do it for you.
- We also discourage visitors with axes to grind. Please leave all weapons at the door.
- We do encourage you to send corrections or clarifications of any information we post. We want to be correct and we want our information to be true and factual. You can help.
- In general, comments are moderated and may be redacted if they appear to contain vituperative statements, ad hominem arguments, accusations, unverifiable factoids, or statements that do not comment on the facts in the respective article or do not offer new verifiable facts, whether or not they contradict those appearing in the article.
- If verifiable facts are presented that contradict those reported in the article we will gratefully correct any errors.
- To start reading just select from the Top Posts or Recent Posts listing on the right-hand side of the screen. You can navigate the blog also by selecting a Category (keyword).
Send links to friends, relatives, community leaders and elected officials if you liked this blog.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation. Enjoy your visit and share your thoughts!
|Special Notice: We make every effort to be truthful, complete, fair, and balanced on this blog; therefore, if you see anything that you know to be false or incorrect, or if you have additional information to clarify any issue, please let us know by e-mailing your information or by leaving a comment. It’s very important to us that we don’t fall into the same category as those whom this blog is intended to expose. Thank you very much in advance for your cooperation and assistance!|