Warning: If you are a student or a minor, please leave this blog now.
We have just acquired a copy of the so-called Supplemental Memorandum of Agreement between the Teachers Union a.k.a. the RCS Teachers Association and the RCS CSD and what we see in that document, submitted by the teachers union, is absolutely SCANDALOUS!
If you vote YES! on the 2012-13 School Budget You’ll Know What it Feels Like to Be BLED TO DEATH!
Once you read this you will have to agree that the only way you can vote is NO! on the 2012-13 School Budget…and you’ll also have to agree that the teachers on the RCS Board of Education have to go!
You’ll Know Why When You Read This!
It’s all in the Supplemental Memorandum of Agreement offered by the teachers union and Matt Miller (remember him? the atheist teacher, also president of the RCS teachers union) and friends on April 17th, 2012. Before you misunderstand the document, it is a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) NOT a “contract,” and the terms of the agreement go into effect ONLY if the 2012-13 RCS School Budget is passed. So you must vote NO! to avoid being bled to death.
The teachers offer “a partial” = temporary “wage freeze” but subject to some pretty one-sided conditions (of course, the actual conditions were never made public for you to know!):
- According to the MOA, the Board must submit “a tax levy of 8.6%…or 6.8% based on efficiency measures that DO NOT NEGATIVELY IMPACT THE ASSOCIATION.” (#1 of the MOA). In other words, the teachers agree that you, the voters, can pay the 6.8%…everyone else can drop dead but the teachers association cannot be touched. Nice, right?
- The teachers’ 2010-2013 negotiated contract will be extended for two years, to 2015, with a 2.5% pay increase in each year of the extension. (#2 of the MOA).Wait a minute, this means the teachers get a raise when everyone else is cutting back! Now that’s a real sacrifice, voters!
- The teachers who initially do not receive the 2.5% per year pay increase will start to receive the 2.5% pay increase on February 1  (#3 of the MOA).So, even those teachers who don’t initially get the pay increase get the pay increase on February 1st. Nice deal for the teachers! Pay me now, pay me later–win-win for the teachers! Do you like that, voters?
- On July 1, 2012, all members of the teachers union would still receive all increases in the 2010-13 contract. Another win-win for the teachers.
- There would be NO losses of full or part-time positions for teachers union members (#5 of the MOA). In other words, ALL teaching jobs would be safe, cuts would have to come from somewhere else but not from teachers! That’s really a sacrifice…ALL teachers’ jobs are safe, get raises, to hell with you, voter!
- Any savings from the Supplemental Agreement would be used only to offset tax levy but NOT to increase reserve funds or for any other purpose (#6 of the MOA). Only the teachers benefit, in other words.
- Number 7 of the MOA really gets us sick: “three sick days can be converted to personal days…above and beyond” (adding time off to the already generous time off without excuse)! Nice! Teachers get more paid time off for themselves!
The key to stopping this ridiculous arrangement is to vote NO! on May 15th. If the budget is defeated these self-serving, shameless teachers’ demands will NOT go into effect! There is NO sacrifice of any kind in this Agreement, it’s a LOAN agreement and you, the voters, will have to pay for it plus interest!
That’s the TRUTH behind your wonderful teachers! They are out for themselves and this proves it and you have to thank Matt Miller, David Dykeman, and Bridget Engelhardt of the RCS teachers association for cutting your throats, and the traitor teachers, teachers’ spouses and retired teachers (Engel, Whalen, O’Connor, Traver) on the Board of Education for pushing this monstrous deal through.
If you vote NO! the teachers lose nothing and will continue according to the negotiated contract for 2010-2013.
We are including a scanned copy of the Supplemental Memorandum of Agreement for your reading “pleasure,” and so that you can see for yourself that everything we report on this issue is true and factual. Just click here to read the actual document: RCS CSD -Supplemental Memorandum of Agreement.
By the way, did you know that Howard ENGEL, a candidate for re-election to the RCS CSD Board of Education is a teacher married to a teacher, and is head of the teachers union at Averill Park? Did you know that candidate for election to the RCS CSD Board of Education Edward “Teddy” Reville is married to Engel’s sister? Sunilda Swan is also a former teacher. A. Whalen is a retired Teacher. Sitting board member James Latter’s wife is a math teacher at the RCS middle school. Particularly disturbing is the Board of Education meeting of November 1 at which residents call for the immediate resignation of sitting Board member Latter for breach of confidentiality and endangerment of a student, RCS Sports Association misuse of funds, questions regarding the RCS Sports Association’s non-profit status and 990 tax returns (non filed). O’Connor is a teacher. An you still don’t think the teachers are running the RCS BoE? In the name of fair play, get the teachers off the Board of Education!
|Special Notice: We make every effort to be truthful, complete, fair, and balanced on this blog; therefore, if you see anything that you know to be false or incorrect, or if you have additional information to clarify any issue, please let us know by e-mailing your information or by leaving a comment. It’s very important to us that we don’t fall into the same category as those whom this blog is intended to expose. Thank you very much in advance for your coöperation and assistance!|