It’s Up To YOU! You Can’t Have It All and Survive. There have to be program and staff cuts. There’s no other way if we read the writing on the wall and see the reality that other districts across the state are seeing.
School districts across New York state are feeling the crunch and facing the realities: ‘more with less’ relentlessly and unavoidaboly becomes ‘less with less.‘ Most school districts facing shortfalls in government support of public education are finally waking up: they must face the reality that the upward spiral of services and programs is no longer possible; staff and programs must be cut; there’s no other way.
Here are some links to some published news articles on school districts across New York state that have finally realized that they have to get back to reality and cut, cut, CUT! in order to survive. Even then, the future is uncertain.
- 217 positions cut in Utica schools; taxes to rise 2%
- Niskayuna school budget to cut 90 jobs
- Red Hook school board eyes more than $565,000 in cuts
- Union-Endicott facing deep cuts to programs, activities
- Southwestern cuts teacher positions, still deciding on other options
- Katonah-Lewisboroschool board may cut 24 posts
- Schenectady school district struggles to find savings
- Mohonasen budget projects job cuts
- Bedford school plan: Cut 57 jobs, raise tax rate 8.5%
- 50 Middletown school jobs may be cut
- Proposed $37.4 million Depew school budget cuts 6.5 jobs
- Scotia-Glenville officials face steep staff cut in school budget
- Lew-Port looks to early retirements to cut costs
- Layoffs, program cutbacks loom in Clarence
If you liked this post, send a link to this blog to a friend! Better still, send it to your state and federal representatives and ask WHY?
You might want to ask your local pulp journalists at the Times Useless, the Daily Mail, and the News Herald why you’re being kept in the dark about this news.
|Special Notice: We make every effort to be truthful, complete, fair, and balanced on this blog; therefore, if you see anything that you know to be false or incorrect, or if you have additional information to clarify any issue, please let us know by e-mailing your information or by leaving a comment. It’s very important to us that we don’t fall into the same category as those whom this blog is intended to expose. Thank you very much in advance for your cooperation and assistance!|